Since there’s no vaccine for coronavirus in allopathy, it doesn’t mean there’s no cure. This article is about coronavirus infection, preventive steps and possible curative remedies.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a kind of common virus which causes upper respiratory infection symptoms like a sore throat, cough and stuffy or runny nose. You can treat these symptoms with commonly recommended medication.
The coronavirus may cause ear infections in children. If a coronavirus infection spreads to the lower respiratory tract (your windpipe and your lungs), it can cause pneumonia, especially in people with weak immune system, elderly people, or people with heart diseases.
History of Coronavirus:
Most coronaviruses are not dangerous, some types of them are serious, though, like MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) and SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) are types of coronaviruses. In past years, about 900 people died from MERS, which was first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012 and then in other countries like Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. MERS outbreak in Korea in 2015 and about 800 people died from SARS in 2003.
Present State of Coronavirus:
In January 2020, the World Health Organization identified a new type of coronavirus named: 2019-nCoV (2019 Novel Coronavirus / Wuhan Novel Coronavirus) in China. By the end of January, in China there were 300+ confirmed cases and a death count of 100, but rising. And despite airport screenings, a traveler had brought the first case to India and the US, but not confirmed yet.
How it transmits
Like any other common infection or flu, it spreads by oral and physical contact with infected matter. Even a dog may also become infected by direct contact with an infected dog or by eating from contaminated food bowls. Unsanitary conditions lead to coronavirus transmission is common.
MERS or SARS coronavirus aren’t a serious threat for an otherwise healthy adult. Even if you get sick, treat your symptoms and contact a doctor if they get worse or they don’t go away.
What to do to prevent coronavirus?
Prevention is always better than cure. To help prevent a coronavirus infection, follow what you do to avoid a common flu or cold:
- Wash your hands properly with warm water and soap or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid hand-shaking or close contact with infected people.
- Avoid touching your pets, especially keep your children away from stray animals.
- If you feel fever, take plenty of rest.
- Drink a good amount of boiled water. Boil water for 15-20 mins, drop 3-5 leaves of Holy Basil and keep it handy to drink in small intervals.
- Take doctor’s recommended medicine or over-the-counter medication for the flu, cold, sore throat and/or fever.
- For children use ibuprofen or a medical practitioner’s recommended medicine.
- A steamy shower or humidifier may also help you ease.
Possible Curative Remedies
First and foremost remedy to prevent and cure most common viruses including coronavirus is Holy basil (scientific name: Ocimum tenuiflorum, aka Ocimum Sanctum L). It’s Not the Sweet Basil or the Thai herb used as a flavor ingredient. This green leafy plant is well known as Tulsi or Tulsa Ji, and is a native to Southeast Asia.
Method 1: for Preventive care
- Boil 2 liter Water for 15-20 mins with 3-5 leaves of Holy Basil.
- Store and keep drinking this boiled water throughout the day.
- Don’t let your throat dry or harsh.
Method 2: for Curative care, if feels infected
- Boli 1 cup of Milk along with 5-7 leaves of Holy Basil for 5 mins.
- Let it sit and cool down to room temperature.
- Drink every morning with an empty stomach.
- You may drink lukewarm water 15-20 min before.
- Don’t eat anything 15-20 min after drinking Holy Basil Milk.
Since Holy Basil or Tulsi is highlighted in Ayurved as “the incomparable one”, “mother medicine of nature” and “the queen of herbs”, it’s unquestionable to side effects, but If you are already taking any regular allopathic medication, do consult your doctor before taking Holy Basil. I never recommend buying any Supplement made from Holy Basil.
It is a historical Indian medicine used for the treatment of many conditions, like eye diseases, wound care, flu, cold, bronchitis, malaria, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, eczema and ringworm. This plant is also used as insect repellent.
This Queen of Herbs has high nutritional value, as it contains: Vitamin A and C, Calcium, Zinc, Iron, and Chlorophyll in adequate quantity and best quality.
From the Leaves to the Seed, Holy Basil is considered a Tonic for the Body, Mind, and Soul.
Second most reliable curative medicine is from Homoeopathy. Homoeopathy is based on experimental clinical and pharmacological data. Over the years, homoeopathic medicines have been extensively studied for their efficacy in a variety of indications. Many clinical studies have been conducted in India as well as in other countries.
Homoeopathy is fast acting in acute cases and can be effectively used in treating infections, fever, cold and many other types of viruses. Importantly, there are no side effects of homoeopathic medicine if consumed in prescribed quantity.
In the 64th meeting of its Scientific Advisory Board on January 28, 2020, the Ministry of AYUSH, Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy (CCRH) discussed the means to prevent the spread of Coronavirus infection using Homoeopathy.
Additional preventive measures for Coronavirus by CCRH
- Maintain personal hygiene
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Disinfect touched objects and surfaces frequently
- Use an N95 mask while travelling or working in public places
Signs and Symptoms of Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Infection
It shows symptoms of severe respiratory tract infection giving rise to pneumonia with some gastrointestinal symptoms like other coronavirus infection. Its symptoms are much related to 2003 SARS Epidemic caused due to SARS-CoV.
- Almost 90% cases of 2019-nCoV infection presents with Fever
- Dry Coughing
- General Weakness
- 20% of infected patients will have shortness of breath
- Almost 15% of all the cases will go into respiratory distress
- X ray shows bilateral lungs involvement
- Leucopenia – Low WBC count especially lymphocytes – lymphopenia.
Homeopathic Medicines recommended for Wuhan Novel Coronavirus Infection
Other than basic symptomatic and supportive treatment, following homeopathic medicines can be used as per indication under guidance and observation of qualified homeopathic physician.
- ACONITUM NEPELLUS
- ARSENICUM ALBUM
- HEPAR SULPH
- ASPIDOSPERMA QUEBRACHO
- BLATTA ORIENTALIS
- ARALIA RACEMOSA
- BORRHEAVIA DIFFUSA
- OCCIMUM SANCTUM
- FERRUM PHOSPHORICUM
- KALIUM SULPHURICUM
- KALIUM MURIATICUM
- ANTIMONIUM TARTARICUM
- DROSERA ROTUNDIFOLIA
- SPONGIA TOSTA
Anyone looking for help in this scenario, may consult Dr. Sukhdeep Singh at Advance Homoeo Care Clinic or over FB Messenger at https://www.facebook.com/advancehomeocare/.
May this information help mankind.