Variation-1 : Utthita hasta merudandasana(The raised limbs and spine pose)
- This is very similar to merudandasana.
- Instead of separating the feet in the final pose, bring them together, keeping the arms and legs straight.
Variation-2 : Ashwa Sanchalanasana (The rocking horse pose)
- Sit erect with the legs together and the knees near the chest.
Bend the arms so that the fists can be placed on the outside of the knees.
- Recline the back while simultaneously stretching the arms and legs.
Try to straighten both, the arms and legs, keeping the fists above the knees.
- The whole body should be balanced on the hips.
- Try to raise the legs as much as possible, keeping them straight.
- Maintain the final pose for a short time and then return to the starting position.
- Rest and repeat.
Beginners should perfect this asana before attempting to practice merudandasana or utthita hasta merudandasana.