What Are The Basic Principles For Designing A Fitness Program?
No standard set of exercises can be planned to suit each and every individual. The basic principles for an exercise schedule are:
- Evaluate your fitness level. Be certain that your exercise plan will not aggregate any chronic physical condition you may have, such as arthritis.
- Identify your specific goal whether you are aiming for weight loss or general fitness and so on.
- Set a specific time period, you want to allot to your program
- Pick the exercise that uses skills different from those you may use at work.
- Consider choosing an activity you already enjoy or would like to try. If the activities are the ones you like, you’ll always be motivated to keep doing them.
- Plan an exercise program that includes strength training as well as endurance (aerobic) activity.
- Begin exercise gradually and work up slowly to your desired level of fitness.
- Always perform your exercise with the right posture techniques so as not to lay stress on any of your joints and to avoid injury.
- Use equipment that is the right size or weight for your level of skills and physical size.
- Begin each workout with a gradual warm-up period that includes flexibility exercises (at least five minutes) and end your exercise with a cool down period gradually bringing your body back to rest. A good stretch can also help reduce post-exercise soreness.
- Be certain to get enough daily rest.
- Pay attention to your own body’s signals when they tell you to slow down.
- Never exercise after a heavy meal or after drinking alcohol. If you feel sick or dizzy, stop immediately.
- After and during exercise, prevent dehydration by drinking water.
- Aim to work out the whole body equally to make all groups of muscles strong. Otherwise weaker muscles may be prone to injury.
- Proper breathing pattern is an essential factor during workouts.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY EXERCISE REGIMEN IF YOU ARE SUFFERING FROM ANY DISEASE- EVEN IF THE DOCTOR HAS ADVISED YOU TO EXERCISE.
More Articles related to this topic
Exercise is not only essential to remain fit and healthy but also to push away disease. It has been recognized now that most of the diseases are related to lifestyles ...
No standard set of exercises can be planned to suit each and every individual. The basic principles for an exercise schedule are: Evaluate your fitness level. Be certain that your ...
There are three main types of exercises that can be included in your exercise program. These are-flexibility, strengthening, and fitness. FLEXIBILITY EXERCISES These involve stretching, loosening up and bending and ...