Position-7: Bhujhangasana (The cobra posture)
- Raise the body from the waist by straightening the arms.
- Bend the head backward.
- This stage is the same as the final position of bhujhangasana.
Breathing- Inhale while raising the body and arching the back.
Mantra- Om Hiranya Garbhaya Namaha (Salutations to the golden cosmic self)
- The compressing action on the abdomen helps in squeezing out stagnant blood from the abdominal organs and encouraging fresh flow of blood.
- It is very useful for all stomach ailments, including indigestion and constipation.
- Arching the back exercises the spine, making the muscles supple and revitalizing the spinal nerves.