Exercise-120: Eka padasana (The one foot pose)
- Stand erect with the feet together.
- Raise the arms directly above the head and interlock the fingers.
- Slowly lean forward, keeping the trunk and head in line with the straightened arms.
- Simultaneously raise the left leg backward, keeping it straight and in line with the trunk.
- The body should rotate from the right hip joint.
- The final pose is attained when the left leg, the trunk, the head and the arms are all in one straight horizontal line, the right leg straight and vertical.
- Remain in the final pose for as long as possible and then slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement, raising the right leg backward.
- Inhale while raising the arms.
- Exhale while bending to assume the final pose.
- Breathe normally in the final pose.
- Inhale while returning to the starting position.