All other details as given for bakasana.
Exercise-121: Ardha padma padottanasana (The half lotus leg stretch pose)
- Sit with the legs stretched forward.
- Place the left foot on top of the right thigh.
- Bend the right leg and place its foot flat on the ground.
- Clasp the hands under the right thigh.
- Fix the gaze on a visible point.
- Straighten the right leg and balance on the back of the buttocks.
- Bend the right knee and lower the foot to the ground.
- Repeat the same process with the right foot on the left thigh.
- Practice a maximum of 5 times with each leg.
- Inhale while seated.
- Retain while balancing.
- Exhale when firmly seated again.
On maintaining balance by gazing at a fixed point.
This asana prepares the legs for the lotus pose and aids the development of nervous balance.