Ardha Padma Paschimottanasana
All other details as for paschimottanasana.
Exercise-91: Ardha padma paschimottanasana (The half lotus back stretching pose)
- Place one foot on the opposite thigh, keeping the other leg stretched in front of the body.
- Grasp the toes of the straight leg with the hand on the same side of the body.
- Utilizing the arms, not the back muscles, slowly pull the trunk forward so that the head is near or resting on the straight knee.
- Keep both knees on the floor.
- Repeat the process with the other leg folded.
- If the practitioner is able, one can pass the arm behind the back and grasp the big toe of the folded – leg.
- All other details as for paschimottanasana.