Exercise-90: Janu sirshasana (The head to knee pose)
- Sit with the legs stretched in front of the body.
- Fold one leg and place the heel against the perineum, the sole touching the opposite thigh.
- Keep the knee on the floor throughout.
- Lean forward.
- Grasp the toes of the straight leg with both hands. Do not bend the knee.
- Utilizing only the arms, not the back muscles, pull the trunk forward slowly so that the head is on the straight knee.
- Repeat the process with the other leg folded.
- Keep both knees in contact with the floor.
- Do not strain the muscles but gently stretch them.
- Exhale while bending the trunk forward.
- Retain the breath if you stay in the final pose for a short time.
- Breathe normally if the pose is held for long periods.
- Inhale while returning to the sitting position.