Exercise-88: Dynamic paschimottanasana
- Lie flat on the floor with the arms stretched behind the head.
- Relax the whole body.
- Slowly raise the trunk to the sitting position, keeping the arms above the head.
- Bend forward into paschimottanasana. .
- Hold for a short time and then return to the sitting position.
- Return to the supine position.
- Practice a maximum of 10 times.
- Breathe normally in the supine position.
- Inhale while rising to the sitting posture.
- Exhale while bending into paschimottanasana.
- Retain your breath outside while in paschimottanasana.
- Inhale while returning to the supine pose.
On the movement of the body or the breath.
- Loosens up the whole body.
- Gives the same benefits as paschimottanasana, though at a reduced level.