Exercise-80: Setuasana (The bridge pose)
- Sit with the legs stretched forward.
- Place the palms on the ground to the side, about one foot behind the hips.
- The elbows should be straight, the fingers pointing backward and the torso slightly reclined.
- Raise the hips and stretch the mid-section upward. Bend the head back.
- Place the soles of the feet flat on the ground.
- The legs should be straight.
- After a comfortable time in the final position lower the hips to the ground.
- Practice a maximum of 10 times.
- Inhale while seated.
- Retain your breath while raising, holding and lowering the body.
- Exhale while returning to the ground.
On the back and abdomen.
This asana tones the lumbar region of the spine and the Achilles tendon behind the ankles.