Exercise-118: Garudasana (The eagle pose)
- Assume a standing position.
- Raise the right leg and twist it around the left leg.
- The right thigh should eventually lie in front of the left thigh and the right foot should rest on the calf of the left leg.
- Now fold the arms and twist the right arm around the left arm until the palms can be placed together to resemble an eagle’s beak.
- Bend the left leg and lower the body until the right toe touches the floor.
- Practice for as long as possible without strain.
On a visible point and on balance.
- Strengthens the muscles, tones the nerves and loosens the joints of the legs.
- Helps to relieve sciatica and rheumatism in the legs and arms.
- Eliminates hydrocele and develops balance.