A smoker needs to understand the likely effects of quitting smoking before deciding to do so. He/she must:
- Make a resolution to give up smoking.
- Think about why you want to quit and the benefits of quitting.
- Set a definite time to quit. Let it be today not the next day!
- Think ahead, how you are going to cope with craving or withdrawal symptoms you may experience.
- Visualise a change in your usual routine to avoid temptation and high-risk situations.
- Get all the support you can, from your loved ones.
- Understand that breaking habits take time and need regular practice.
- Even if you fail once do not give up- START AFRESH.
Be aware that there will be a constant temptation to go back and chances of a relapse. Think about the effort that has already been put in and don’t look back.
More Articles related to this topic