Exercise-101: Bhu namanasana (The spinal twist and prostration pose)
- Sit with the spine erect and the legs stretched forward.
- Place both hands by the side of the hip.
- Twist the torso 90 degrees to the left, then bend the upper body and touch the nose to the ground.
- The hips should not rise off the floor.
- Straighten the trunk and return to the forward facing position.
- Inhale while facing forward and while raising the trunk.
- Exhale while bending.
Practice a maximum of 10 times on each side.
On relaxation of the back muscles or the breath.
This asana stretches the spine and lower back, making the muscles supple and stimulating the spinal nerves.