Exercise-100:Meru wakrasana (The simple twist)
- Sit with the legs stretched straight in front.
- Place the hands slightly behind and to the side of the buttocks with the fingers pointing backwards.
- Put the left hand beside the right hand.
- Place the left foot outside the right knee.
- Move the right hand slightly backward.
- Twist the head and trunk as far to the right as possible.
- Re-center the trunk and then twist it again.
- Practice a maximum of 10 twists to each side.
- Inhale before twisting.
- Retain your breath while twisting.
- Exhale after re-centering.
On relaxation of the back muscles.
- This asana is a preparatory pose for ardha matsyendrasana.
- It stretches the spinal cord and is also very useful for removing backache.