Execise-75: Dhanurasana (The bow pose)
- Lie flat on the stomach and inhale fully.
- Bend the knees and hold the ankles with the hands.
- Tense the leg muscles and arch the back while simultaneously raising the head, chest and thighs as high as possible.
- Keep the arms straight.
- Hold the position for as long as is comfortable.
- Practice up to 5 times.
- One may rock backwards and forwards in the final position.
- Do not repeat the asana until the breath returns to normal.
The breath may be retained inside in the final pose or slow, deep breathing may be practiced.
Concentration On the abdominal region or back.
Not to be practiced by people with hernia, peptic ulcers, intestinal tuberculosis or bent spine.
- This asana powerfully massages the abdominal organs and muscles.
- Removes gastro-intestinal disorders, dyspepsia, chronic constipation and sluggishness of the liver.
- Quickly reduces fat in the abdominal area.