Exercise-76: Saral dhanurasana (The easy bow pose)
- Assume the starting position of dhanurasana, lying flat on the stomach and holding the bent legs at the ankles, with the hands.
- Relax the whole body.
- Tense the legs and try to push the feet backward while raising the head and chest.
- Do not try to raise the thighs off the ground.
- Maintain the final pose for a comfortable period of time and then slowly return to the floor.
- Repeat when the respiration rate returns to normal.
- Inhale while lying on the ground.
- Raise the body with the breath retained inside.
- Breathe deeply and slowly in the final pose.
- Exhale on returning to the floor.
- This is a good asana for beginners or people with a stiff back who are unable to do dhanurasana.
The same as for dhanurasana but less effective.