EXERCISE-74: Poorna shalabhasana (the full locust pose)
- Assume the final position of shalabhasana with the legs raised in the air as high as possible.
- Jerk the legs up and balance on the shoulders, chin and arms.
- Try to touch the head with the toes.
- This final pose can be more easily attained by rhythmically swinging the legs up to progressively higher levels until the balance point is reached.
- Maintain the final pose for a comfortable period of time.
- Carefully return to the starting position.
- Retain the breath inside while raising and lowering the body.
- Breathe normally in the final position.
This difficult form of shalabhasana is only for people who are physically fit with very supple back’s.
This asana provides double benefits of shalabhasana along with many benefits of sirshasana also.