Leg Lock Posture
Exercise-19: Leg lock posture (i)
- Lie flat on the back.
Bend the right leg and bring the thigh near your chest.
- Interlock the fingers and place them over the knee.
- Inhale deeply and exhale emptying the lungs.
- While retaining the breath outside- lift the head and upper portion of the chest while trying to touch the knee with the nose.
- While inhaling slowly return to the supine position.
- Relax the whole body.
- Repeat 10 times with each leg.
Exercise-19: Leg lock posture (ii)
- From the original position as above- fold both legs and wrap the arms around the knees.
- Repeat the head and upper chest raising movements 10 times while ensuring coordinating breathing with the physical movement.
- This asana is very useful in removing wind and constipation by its massaging action on the abdomen.