Exercise-33: Up and down viewing
- Maintain the same position as in exercise 32.
- Place both fists on both knees with both thumbs pointing upwards.
- Keeping both arms straight- slowly raise the right arm as high as possible- while following the thumb movement with the eyes.
- Slowly return to the starting position- while keeping eyes focused on the thumbs without moving the head.
- Practice the same movement with left thumb.
- Repeat 5 times with each thumb.
- Finally close the eyes and rest.
DISTANT AND NEAR VIEWING
Exercise-34: Distant and near viewing
- Sit in the same position as in exercise 33 –relax the arms.
- Focus the eyes on your nose.
- Then focus on a distant object.
- Focus on the nose again.
- Repeat many times.
- Close eyes and relax.
ADDITIONAL EXERCISES FOR THE EYES
In addition to these, some other exercises as mentioned below are very useful for the eyes. The details of these are mentioned separately.
- Surya Namaskara.
- Surya bheda pranayama.
- Neti kriya.