Exercise-95: Meru akarshanasana (the spinal bending pose)
- Lie on the right side with the left leg on top of the right.
- Raise the upper torso and head and support them on the elbow by placing the right hand under the side of the head.
- Place the left hand on the left thigh.
- Raise the left leg as high as possible.
- Simultaneously slide the left hand to the foot and grasp the big toe.
- Do not bend the knee.
- Lower the raised leg and arm back down to their base position.
- Practice a maximum of 10 times on each side.
- Inhale while raising the arm and leg.
- Exhale while lowering.
On the physical movement.
- Relaxes hamstring and abdominal muscles.
- Stretches the side muscles, making them more flexible and strong.
- Reduces fat on the hips and thighs.