Position-5: Parvatasana (The Mountain Posture)
- Straighten the left leg and place the left foot beside the right foot.
- Raise your hips in the air and lower the head so that it lies between the two arms- while the body forms two sides of a triangle.
- In the final position the legs and arms should be straight.
- The heels should remain in contact with the floor.
Breathing- Exhale as you straighten the left leg and bend the trunk.
Mantra-Om Khagaya Namah (Salutations to He who moves quickly in the sky).
- Strengthens the nerves and muscles in the arms and legs.
- Ensure suppleness of the spine by this counter pose to the previous exercise.
- Tones the spinal nerves and supplies them with fresh flow of blood.