Exercise-59: Akarna dhanurasana
- Stand erect with feet shoulder breadth apart and arms on the sides.
- Take a short step forward with the right leg.
- Clench the right fist and stretch it upward and sideways to bring it over the right foot and slightly above eye level.
- Clench the left fist and bring it slightly behind the right fist.
- Gaze over the right fist as if holding a bow.
- Inhale and pull the left fist back to the left ear- as if drawing a bow- the head should move back slightly with this motion and neck muscles become taut.
- Exhale and release the imaginary bow string as if releasing the arrow.
- Relax the neck and bring the left fist forward to the right fist.
- Repeat 5 times on each side.
Benefits- Develops the biceps, pectoral and neck muscles.