Exercise- 82: Ardha chandrasana (The crescent moon pose)
- Stand on the knees with legs together and arms by the side.
- Step forward with the left leg.
- Bend, and place the hands by the sides of the left foot, palms flat on the floor.
- Stretch the right leg back and arch the back and neck upward.
- In the final pose, only the feet, right knee and fingertips will touch the floor.
- Practice 5 times.
- Exhale while bending forward.
- Inhale while arching the back.
- Exhale again while returning to the kneeling position.
On the back or respiration.
Practice after forward bending asanas.
Limbers and strengthens the skeletal structure.
This asana can also be performed by raising the arms over the head and stretching the head and upper trunk as far back as possible. This improves the exercise given to the whole back.