Exercise- 73: Ardha shalabhasana (The half locust pose)
- Lie flat on the stomach with the hands under the thighs, palms downward.
- Keep both legs straight throughout the asana.
- Raise one leg as high as possible, keeping the other leg flat on the floor.
- Retain this position for some time and then lower the leg to the floor.
- Allow the respiration to return to normal.
- Repeat the same movement with the other leg.
- Inhale in the prone position.
- Retain the breath inside while lifting the leg and in the final pose.
- Exhale while returning to the starting position.
- Breathe normally in the prone position.
This is a simplified form of shalabhasana for beginners or people who are unable to do the full pose.