- Stand erect with feet 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Raise the arms and interlock the fingers behind the neck with the elbows pointing sideways.
- Turn the upper part of the body slightly to the right.
- Exhale and bend forward while bringing the head to the right knee.
- Holding your breath outside, swing the head and upper trunk from the right knee to the left knee and back.
- Repeat 3 times and then return to the upright position and center the body.
- Repeat the process but this time bend the trunk to the left knee from the upright position.
- Practice 5 times to each side.
- Keep the legs straight throughout the whole asana.
- It is an excellent asana for making the arms, shoulders and back strong and supple.
- It makes the waistline slim and strong and tones the spinal nerves in the lower back.