- Stand erect with feet 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Extend the arms horizontally to the sides.
- Bend the body at the hips to form a right angle.
- Look forward.
- Swivel the trunk and touch the right toes with the left hand.
- Watch the straight arm with the palm facing right.
- Swivel the trunk and assume a similar position on the other side.
- Center the trunk, return to the erect position and lower the arms.
- Practice each stage 5 times.
- Inhale while raising the arms and the trunk.
- Retain while swiveling.
- Exhale while bending the trunk and lowering the arms.
Benefits for all variations-
- Stimulates the nervous system and relieves nervous depression.
- Stimulates the appetite, improves digestion and removes constipation.
- Massages the spinal nerves, muscles of the lower back and abdominal organs.