Exercise-97: Eka pada padmottanasana (The leg raised to head pose)
- Sit with the legs stretched forward.
- Bend the left leg and place the foot flat on the ground in front of the left hip.
- Fold the right leg keeping the knee flat on ground, and place the right heel under the perineum.
- Interlock the-fingers under the left foot.
- Raise the left foot and straighten the knee.
- Bring the knee up to the nose and keep the leg straight.
- Stretch each leg a maximum of 5 times.
- Inhale while seated.
- Retain your breath while raising and lowering the leg.
- Exhale when seated.
Not for persons with any back ailment.
Makes hamstring muscles and hip joints flexible.