Exercise-9: Full butterfly (i) Beginers
- Assume base position and bring soles of the feet together.
- Move heels as close to the body as possible.
- Place fingers under the feet while interlocking them.
- Gently push the knees towards the floor by exerting pressure from the elbows and bending the body forward.
- Attempt to touch the floor with your head- it can be done after some practice.
Full butterfly (ii) Advanced
- Keeping soles of feet together, place hands on knees.
- Using pressure of arms push the knees towards the floor; allowing natural bounce back to original position.
- Repeat 20 times or more.
Full butterfly (iii) Advanced
- Maintaining same position shift position of hands to the floor behind you- keeping arms straight.
- Move knees up and down 20 times or more.
- Gradually increase the difficulty level of this exercise starting with level (i).