- Assume a sitting position with feet flat on the floor and knees fully bent and wide apart.
- Place the hands together in a gesture of prayer.
- Press elbows against the inner sides of the knees.
Inhale, lift the head and push knees out as far as possible using elbows to exert pressure.
- Maintain this position for sometime.
- Exhale; straighten the arms so that they point horizontally forward.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat 10 times.
This asana has a very positive & powerful effect on the nerves of the thighs, knees, shoulders and arms.