Exercise-25: Chopping wood
- Assume a sitting position with feet flat on the floor and knees fully bent and separated.
- Clasp the hands over the head with arms straight.
- Make chopping motions as if using an axe to chop wood.
- Inhale while raising the arms above the head.
- Exhale while bringing both arms dow.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
- Initially if squatting is difficult perform the asana from a standing position.
An ideal exercise for the chest and for exercising the sacral and vaginal muscles prior to child birth.