Exercise-21: Naukasana (i)
- Lie flat on the back, arms on the side with palms facing down.
- Inhale and raise the legs, arms, head and the trunk.
- The head and feet should be raised just about 1 foot off the ground.
- The position of arms should be held at the same level and in line with the toes.
- Hold the raised position for a comfortable length of time.
- Exhale and return to the starting position.
- Relax the body.
- Repeat 5 times.
Exercise-21: Naukasana (ii)
- Repeat the same asana with the fists clenched and the whole body raised as much as possible.
- While exhaling return to the floor without hurting your back.
Inhale while raising the body.
- Exhale while lowering the body.
- Retain breath inside while in the elevated position.
- Do not strain- retain elevated position till abdominal muscles start to vibrate.
- Should be performed at the end of Pawanmuktasan series and immediately after awakening in the morning.
- Very good for relaxing the muscles and joints.
- Benefits the nervous and tense persons by providing immediate relief.
- Helps in removing worms from the intestine and stomach.
- Improves digestive process by stimulating intestinal peristalsis.