Exercise-55: Shashank bhujhangasana
- Assume marijariasana posture.
- Place hands about 18 inches apart and draw hips backward in to shashankasana posture.
- Without displacing the hands, move your chest forward sliding it just above the ground to bring it line with the hands.
- Move the chest further forward and then upward as you straighten the arms and lower the abdomen to the ground.
- In this position the back should be arched and head bent backward as in bhujhangasana.
- Slowly resume the shashankasana posture- return to marjariasana.
- Resume shashankasana and then come forward in to bhujhangasana.
- Repeat 10 times.
Breathing- Breathe normally in marjariasana- inhale while moving the body forward To assume bhujhangasana. Exhale while assuming shashankasana.