- Sit in vajrasana with spine erect and hands on the knees.
- Grasp the lower calves from underneath.
- Bend forward and place the crown of the head on the floor.
- Raise hips to bring thighs in vertical position.
- Return to vajrasana.
- Repeat 10 times.
Breath- Inhale in vajrasana and while rising. Exhale while bending forward. Practice normal breathing in the pranam position.
Sequence- not to be practiced at the beginning of an asana series.
Limitation- Not to be performed by patients of vertigo or blood pressure.
- Prepares for shirshasana.
- Provides rich supply of blood to the head.
- Provides benefits of shirshasana to a lesser degree.