Exercise-28: Udarakarshan asana
- Assume a squatting pose with hands on the knees.
- Bend left knee to the ground while turning the trunk to the right- as much as possible.
- Keep the hands on the knees and look over the right shoulder.
- Return to starting position.
- Repeat same procedure while turning the body in the opposite direction.
- Twist the body 10 times in each direction.
- Very useful for people suffering from abdominal ailments because of its compressing and stretching action on the digestive organs and muscles.
- Relieves constipation.
This asana is also used in shankhaprakashalana.