- Stand erect with the feet 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Interlock the fingers in front of the waist and allow the arms to hang freely.
- Slowly bend the knees and lower the trunk about 8 inches.
- Return to the erect position.
- Again descend- this time slightly lower and return to the erect position.
- Sink once more until the hands are just about 1 foot above the floor and rise again.
- Lower yourself to the 4th position with the hands touching the floor.
- Rise and relax.
- Repeat up to 10 times.
- It strengthens the uterine muscles, inner thighs, knees and ankles.
- This asana is very beneficial for women during pregnancy.