EXERCISE-86: Gomukhasana (The cow face pose)
- Assume a sitting position, legs out-stretched.
- Fold the left leg and place the heel beside the right hip.
- Fold the right leg over the top of the left leg so that the right heel is on the ground beside the left thigh. The knees should lie one above the other.
- Place the left arm behind the back and the right arm over the right
- shoulder while joining the fingers of each hand behind the back.
- Make the trunk erect, hold the head back and close the eyes.
- Repeat the process on the other side.
Deep, relaxed breathing will commence while the final posture is held.
- Aids in the elimination of diabetes, backache, stiff shoulders and neck, and sexual ailments.
- Stimulates the kidneys, alleviates sciatica and rheumatism, and develops the chest.