Exercise-63: Utthita lolasana
- Stand erect with feet 2 to 3 feet apart.
- Raise the arms over the head with elbows straight and wrists limply bent.
- Swing the trunk downwards from the waist.
- Allow the arms and head to swing in and out of the space between the legs without any tension.
- After 5 complete swings, return to the erect position with arms raised.
- Repeat 10 times.
Inhale while raising the arms and on each of the 5 upswings.
Exhale on each downswing and at the end of the round.
Precautions- Not to be practiced by patients of vertigo or high blood pressure.
This asana gets rid of tiredness by stimulating the circulation and the spinal nerves.
It stretches the hamstring, hip and back muscles and visceral organs.