Pre Meditative Postures makes your body flexible
Pre Meditative Postures
Advanced yoga practices and meditation require prolonged sitting in one posture. The most common asanas for meditation are- padamasana, ardha padamasana, Sidhasana, sukhasana and vajrasana. Out of these the first 3 require reasonable flexibility and relaxation of the leg muscles for maintaining the asanas for longer periods.
Asanas recommended to prepare the body for meditative asanas are listed here.
Exercise-39: Half butterfly
- Perform the asana at exercise-7.
- When knee can touch the floor, attempt to touch the forehead to the folded knee.
- Do not strain.
- Repeat 5 times with each leg.
Exercise-40: Full butterfly
Exercise-41: Crow walking
ANIMAL RELAXATION POSTURE
Exercise-42: Animal relaxation posture
- Sit on the floor- place sole of the right foot against left thigh and stretch the left leg backwards with the heel touching the buttocks.
- Inhale & slowly raise both hands vertically.
- Exhale and slowly bend forward over the right knee.
- Remain in this position for about a minute maintaining rhythmic and slow breathing.
- Inhale while returning to the raised arm position.
- Repeat while bending over the left knee.