Ayurveda Cures and Remedies for Renal stone
Renal stone is a concretion in the kidney made of various materials, such as uric acid crystals, calcium, or lipids. These concretions, or stones, cause severe pain when they are transported from the kidney into the bladder and out of the body.
Some of the reasons that lead to stone formation are:
- Urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Overdose of Vitamin D
- Mineral imbalance
- Kidney disease
- Poor/improper diet
Symptoms seen in the patient of renal stone are:
- Renal stones cause severe pain. The pain with kidney stones is usually of sudden onset, not improved by changes in position. The pain radiates from the back, down the flank, and into the groin.
- Nausea and vomiting are common.
- Patient experiences burning sensation during urination
The patient of renal stone should avoid the following:
- Consumption of animal protein from meat, dairy, cheese, poultry, or fish should be avoided in the case of patients having calcium stones.
- Calcium supplements should be avoided.
- Ice creams, chocolates, tea, soft drinks and drinks which are rich in calcium should be avoided.
- Consumption of spinach, greens vegetables, tomatoes, black pepper, almonds and peanuts should be avoided for patients suffering from oxalate stones.
- Citrus fruits, apples, tomato, orange, lemon and strawberries should be avoided in the case of patients suffering from uric acid stones but for patients with calcium stones, it is allowed.
- A sedentary lifestyle should be followed since physical activity, especially walking and jogging, can bring the stone down.
- Intake of salt should be restricted.
- Drink lots of water. (Atleast 10-12 glasses in a day).