In Arthritis the lining of joints or lining of internal organs are inflamed . This disease may be chronic ( lasts for a long time ) or may flare up intermittently.
The inflammation of lining of joints causes swelling, pain, redness, stiffness and warmth in the affected region .
Remedies to cure Arthritis:
1. Two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey mixed in a cup of warm water should be taken twice a day.
2. Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with warm water should be taken twice a day.
3. Mix 6 tsp of ginger powder with 6 tsp of caraway seeds and 3 tsp of black pepper . ½ tsp of this mixture taken twice a day is beneficial for arthritis patients.
4. One raw clove of garlic (may be fried in ghee) every day is good to cure arthritis.
5. Take half teaspoon of Guggulu (a herb) twice a day after meal with warm water .
6. Gently rub the oil made from paste of 1 teaspoon red chilies and fresh ginger mixed in half a cup of sesame oil .
7. External application of Camphor , wintergreen and cinnamon oils provides relief to arthritis patients.
8. Include horse gram , ginger , bitter gourd , drum sticks in your everyday diet.
9. Remove the sprouts (which will be present inside garlic cloves) of garlic by splitting, Soak these garlic in buttermilk over night. Next day morning wash the garlic with plain water . Ground this garlic to thin paste. Consume 1/2 tea spoon of this paste with warm water every day morning in empty stomach.
10. Avoid curds , fish , milk , urad dal , jaggery , and constipating food.
11. Spices like cumin , coriander , ginger , asafetida , garlic , fennel and turmeric Green salad with a dressing of lemon juice and a little salt is good for arthritis patients.
12. Vegetable juices and soups are good for arthritis patients.
13. Coconut water , coconut milk , cucumber juice , beet root juice , carrot juice are all very good for arthritis patients.
14. At night soak potato slices in a glass of water. Dilute this water and drink it as first thing in the morning.
15. Drink a cup of fresh pineapple juice. Pineapple juice reduces swelling and inflammation in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
16. Soak 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds in a quarter cup of water overnight. Take the seeds along with water first thing in the morning. This has been found effective in preventing frequent joint pains.
17. On an empty stomach take 3-4 walnuts or one fresh coconut.
18. Prepare green gram soup by mixing a tablespoon of green gram in a cup of water, with two crushed garlic cloves. Take this soup twice a day.
Tips to reduce pain in joints:
1. Try to reduce weight.
2. Exercise well daily moving all your joints.
3. Always use hot water to bathe and to drink.
4. Avoid going out in cold breeze.
5. Empty your bowels regularly.
6. Avoid late nights and afternoon naps.
7. Excess amount of tea, coffee, alcohol, white sugar, yogurt, chocolate should be avoided.