Diabetes is a disease that is caused when the body doesn’t make enough insulin or cannot use the insulin it makes. If it is left uncured it can cause blindness, kidney diseases, heart diseases, etc.
There are several diabetes symptoms some of them are:
- Sudden weight loss
- Excessive thirst for water
- Excessive urination
- Feeling a numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Having infections more often than usual
- Being slow to heal from a wound
Some remedies to cure diabetes are:
- A diabetic patient must educate himself/herself about Diabetes. This will help to reduce your own stress about the problem.
- A tablespoon of Indian Gooseberry ( amla ) juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter gourd ( karela ) juice is very effective to reduce blood sugar.
- For a few days take 2-3 cloves of garlic ( lahsun ) regularly in the morning.
- Chew 8-10 basil ( tulsi ) leaves in the morning.
- Make powder of dry tender mango leaves (dry them in shade) and preserve them. Take half a teaspoon of this powder twice a day it helps to reduce blood sugar level.
- Include bitter ground ( karela ) in your everyday meals.
- Eat plenty of vegetables like: Lettuce ( salad patta ), tomato and fruits like papaya , guava , pomegranate , etc.
- Foods rich in fibre should be preferred.
- Restrict your daily intake of calories .
- Refined foods and sweets should be avoided.
- Increase your water intake. Drink 10-12 glasses of water.
- Drink about 2 cups of water before you exercise, about every 20 minutes during exercise, and after you finish, even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Make sure your shoes fit properly and your socks stay clean and dry. Check your feet for redness or sores after exercising. Consult your doctor if you have sores that do not heal.
- Test your blood glucose before and after exercising. Do not exercise if your fasting blood glucose level is above 300. Eat a small snack if your blood glucose is below 100.
- Morning and evening walk for at least 45 minutes is most beneficial to control diabetes.
- Include yoga in your everyday life.
Some of the Asanas (Yoga) that are very beneficial for treating diabetes are:
Surya Namaskar, Virasana, Siddhasana, Supta Vajrasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana, Dhanurasana, Srisasana, Janu Sirsasana, Halasana, Paschimottanasana, Savasana .