Ayurveda Remedies To Control Blood Pressure
High blood pressure (hypertension),is the pressure of the blood in the arteries. It occurs when the pressure of the blood in the arteries is abnormally high. It is a silent killer.
There are many causes for high blood pressure like: narrowing of the arteries, more than normal volume of blood, intake of birth control pills, intake of alcohol, painkiller pills, over weight, poor lifestyle,etc.
Some of the symptoms of high blood pressure are: headaches, nausea, ringing or buzzing in the ear.
High blood pressure if not cured can cause heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, injury to the brain and eyes.
Some remedies for high blood pressure:
1. Chew one clove of garlic as first thing every morning or take it in with water.
2. Take one teaspoonful of garlic juice mixed with two teaspoonful of honey . It can be taken twice a day in the morning and evening.
3. Soak one raisin ( kishmish ) overnight in pure rose water . Eat it empty stomach the next day. Soak 2 raisins on the second day, 3 raisins on the third day & keep on increasing the number for 21 days. That means one should soak 21 raisins on the 21st day. If you do not get pure rose water, then prepare it at home by boiling 1 kg of rose petals (desi gulab) in 1 liter of water & then filtering it using a fine cloth. To make sure that high blood pressure is cured permanently, one should repeat this course again after a month.
4. Boil 25-30 curry leaves with 1 cup of water. Strain and drink this juice as first thing in the morning (for a good taste add lime juice to it).
5. Make a powder of 100 gm melon seeds and 100 gm poppy seeds ( khus-khus ). Mix and store them in an air-tight container. Daily take 1 tsp of this mixture with water (morning and evening).
6. Daily eat 1 papaya on an empty stomach and try not to eat anything for atleast 2 hours.
7. Mix half teaspoon of onion juice and half teaspoon of honey and take it once in a day with a glass of water.
8. Mix 1 teaspoon of cumin ( jeera ) powder with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of ginger juice . Take it twice in a day with a glass of water.
9. Eating bananas and whole wheat bread will help to balance sodium levels and thus helps to prevent high blood pressure.
10. Donot hold your breath for a long time as it increases blood pressure.
11. Avoid weight lifting exercises because they require you to hold your breath ,and this will increase your blood pressure.
12. Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water in a day.
13. Reduce your salt intake.
14. Go for regular long walks .
15. Avoid intake of fried food, tea, coffee, pickles. Quit smoking and alcohol.
16. Practice yoga regularly. Pranayam is good for controlling high blood pressure.
LOW BLOOD PRESSURE
(hypotension) is the pressure of the blood in the arteries. It occurs when the pressure of the blood is abnormally low.
Some of the causes of low blood pressure are: dehydration, heart attack, pregnancy, longtime intake of some painkillers,
People with low blood pressure may experience symptoms of dizziness or syncope (fainting) as the blood flow to the brain and other vital organs becomes insufficient.
Some remedies for low blood pressure:
1. Daily soak 32 small raisins in a ceramic bowl full of water over night. Chew them one by one first thing in the morning. Chew well and drink the water also.
2. Soak 7 almonds in water over night. Peel them and grind to a smooth paste. Add in a glass of milk and boil. Drink warm.
3. Crush 10-15 holy basil leaves ( tulsi ) and strain through a clean muslin cloth. Mix with 1 tsp honey . Have it the first thing in the morning.
4. Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water .
5. Incase of low blood pressure drink a cup of coffee .
6. Incase of low blood pressure take a glass of water , add one teaspoon of lemon juice and add some salt to it. Take it 4-5 times in a day.
7. Go for regular long walks .
8. Keep yourself away from stress and tensions .