The stomach normally secretes acid that is essential in the digestive process. This acid helps to break down food during digestion. When there is excess production of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach, it results in the condition known as acidity .
Some of the causes of acidity are:
1. Consumption of food of incompatible combination
2. Contaminated food
3. Sour food
4. Spicy food such as pickles, papad etc that cause burning sensation.
Some remedies to cure acidity are:
1. Drink Ginger juice 1 ml to 2 ml with warm water.
2. Drink Club Soda with some salt & Black pepper powder
3. Drink 1 glass of milk with 1 tsp. of Ghee ( clarified butter )
4. After all three meals, take a small piece of jaggery (gur) and keep it in your mouth and suck.
5. Boil one cup of water and add 1 tsp of Aniseed (Saunf ). Cover and leave this overnight. Strain the water in the morning, add 1 tsp of honey . Take it three times in a day.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of Caraway seeds ( shah jeera ) to 1 ½ liters of water .Boil it and simmer for 15 minutes. Sip while warm. Drink this 2-3 times in a day for 5-6 days.
7. Make powder of one clove and one cardamom . Have this powder after every meal. It helps to cure your acidity problem and will also act as mouth freshner.
8. Fennel seeds are very effective to provide immediate relief for acidity.
9. Have a cup of vanilla ice cream or cold milk.
10. Drink a glass of water with a teaspoon of baking soda .
11. Slowly suck on a piece of clove for instant relief.
12. Drink at least 10-12 glasses of water everyday.
13. Drink fresh mint juice after food.
14. Drink coconut water 4-5 times in a day.
15. Eat raw garlic daily.