Urine Infection occurs when a microorganism invades your bladder or your urethra, which carries urine from the bladder and out of the body.
The result is burning or pain during urination, the urge to urinate frequently, lower back pain and sometimes blood in the urine.
Symptoms that indicate that a person is suffering from urine infection are:
1. Pain or burning when urinating
2. The need to urinate more often than usual
3. A feeling of urgency when you urinate
4. Blood or pus in the urine
5. Cramps or pain in the lower abdomen
6. Chills or fever (fever may be the only symptom in infants and children)
7. Strong-smelling urine
8. Pain during sexual intercourse
Reasons of urine infections are:
3. Heavy use of antibiotics
4. A new sex partner or multiple partners
5. More frequent or intense intercourse
6. Use of irritating contraceptives
7. Use of birth control pills
8. A blockage in the urinary tract (benign masses or tumors)
Some remedies to cure urine infections are:
1. Cranberry juice is the best way to cure urine infections. It helps to prevent bacteria from anchoring to bladder walls.
2. Mix one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of garlic juice in a glass of warm water. Drink three times a day, before meals.
3. A teaspoon of pure garlic juice is effective in killing off the bacteria responsible for many bladder infections. This treatment can be repeated as often as needed.
4. Drink a lot of fluids, such as herbal teas and water.
5. Avoid sweetened fruit juices and other sweetened drinks.
6. Eliminate refined foods, fruit juices, caffeine, alcohol, and sugar.
7. Intake of Vitamin C should be increased (approx. 250 to 500 mg two times per day). This makes urine acidic, which inhibits bacterial growth.
8. Proper hygiene and drinking lots of fluids are both essential for preventing urinary tract infections.
9. Eat a diet rich in milk, vegetables, fruits and fruit juices.
10.Take two teaspoons of baking soda a day, a small dose with each of your meals.
11.Following yoga asanas are good to cure urine infections:
Gomukhasana (Cow’s face pose)
Pawanmuktasana (The knee to chest)
Ardha Matsendra Asana (Half spinal twist)