Memory loss (amnesia) is unusual forgetfulness that can be due to brain damage, due to some disease or injury, or it can be caused by severe emotional trauma.
The cause of memory loss determines whether amnesia comes on slowly or suddenly, and whether it is temporary or permanent.
There are many reasons for loss of memory. Some of them are:
- Neurodegenerative illness
- Head trauma or injury
- Hysteria often accompanied by confusion
- Stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA)
- Transient global amnesia
- Brain masses (caused by tumors or infection)
- Herpes encephalitis
- Brain infections
- Lack of proper attention
Symptoms can be associated with memory loss are:
- Loss of ability to recall past events.
Some of the remedies to cure memory loss are:
- Saffron is a good nerve and heart tonic, a blood cleanser and a blood thinner. It has broad-ranging effects. It can help to relieve memory problems caused by circulatory disease.
- Soak overnight 5-7 almonds in a glass of water. Peel them and eat them as first thing in morning.
- Eat two walnuts as first thing in morning.
- Low-fat diet helps to cure memory loss.
- Listening to music can improve concentration and help to remember whatever is learned.
- Daily practice meditation. It helps to increase memory.
- Improve your sleeping-waking up timings. (Early to bed and early to rise)
- Keep yourself away from stress and strains.
- Develop positive attitude towards your problem of memory loss and trust yourself for everything you do.