The common cold is usually mild with symptoms of running nose, sneezing and throat sore. The symptoms may last for one or two weeks.
Cold is common among the children and decline with age. On an average people may get 2 to 4 colds per year depending on their body immunity.
Here are some tips to help you to cure your cold .
1. Dilute the juice of one lemon in a glass of warm water . Add a teaspoonful of honey to it. Take this lemonade twice or thrice daily. This vitamin C rich lemonade increases body resistance decreases toxicity and reduces the duration of illness.
2. Take half a teaspoon of ginger juice with half a teaspoon of honey, three times a day (morning, noon, and night). In winter, warm the mixture by mixing a teaspoon of warm water in it.
3. A tablespoon of carom seeds (ajwain) crushed and tied in a muslin cloth. Inhale whenever nose is blocked.
4. Boil 1 tbsp of pepper powder in a cup of milk along with a pinch of turmeric. Add some sugar for taste. Drink this once a day for three days.
5. Daily intake of 3-4 tsp onion juice with 3-4 tsp honey can prevent cold.
6. ½ tsp cinnamon oil mixed with ½ tsp honey certainly helps to cure cold.
7. Coarsely pound ginger is boiled in a cup of water till the water reduces to half the original volume, add some honey and drink hot at bedtime is beneficial to cure cold.
8. To cure cold take ginger powder, ghee (Clarified Butter) & jaggery (Brown Sugar), mix them together in same quantity and have it first thing in the morning.
9. Add few drops of garlic oil to a teaspoonful of onion juice dilute it with water and take it twice a day to cure your cold.
10. In cases of dry cough (especially during the night), peel a small piece of fresh ginger. Sprinkle some salt on it and chew.
11. Honey eaten fresh or added to herbal teas, will encourage healing and prevent secondary infections.
12 . Add half a teaspoon of fresh turmeric powder in 30 ml of milk and boil over a slow fire. Drink this milk once or twice daily.
13. Do not smoke, and avoid smoky environments.
14. Avoid meat, fish, eggs, and starchy foods.