Constipation is difficult, incomplete, or infrequent evacuation of dry hardened feces from the bowels.
Constipation may be due to many reasons , like
1. Not drinking adequate amount of water/fluids
2. Not eating enough fiber
3. Not being active
4. Taking certain drugs
5. Not going to bathroom when you have the urge
Some of the symptoms of constipation are :
1. Bowel seems to be full even after bowel movement
2. Having difficulty in passing stools
3. Stools harder than normal
Remedies to cure constipation:
1. Include more fruits in your daily diet.
2. Chew each morsel of food 30-40 times before swallowing.
3. Eat steamed freshly bought vegetables. (cook them with ginger, cumin, coriander and asafetida).
4. Drink a glass of water upon waking, just after visiting bathroom.
5. Dry fruits like raisins, dates or figs to be soaked overnight and eaten in the morning.
6. Eat papaya before or after meals is helpful not only in relieving constipation but also helps you look young.
7. Lemon juice squeezed in a cup of hot water with a pinch of salt to be taken early morning -daily
8. One hour before your wakening time drink 1-2 cups of saline hot water and then go back to bed again -this helps clear your bowels
9. Add 1-2 spoons of castor oil to milk and drink it daily at bedtime.
10. Avoid eating lot of spices, fried food, frozen food and food/drinks with preservatives.
11. Don’t suppress natural urges.
12. Squat for 10 minutes first thing in morning to relieve gas and to induce urge to pass stool. Twist the upper torso from side to side to trigger energy points on the lower belly for the same goal.
13. If you are prone to habitual constipation, taking warm water frequently during the day-time will help you.