Ayurveda Remedies for Food Poisoning
Food poisoning is an acute, often severe gastrointestinal disorder characterized by vomiting and diarrhea.
It is caused by eating food contaminated with bacteria, or the toxins they produce. It can last for a day or two.
Symptoms of food poisoning are
Try to induce vomiting to relieve the body of poison.
Some remedies to cure food poisoning are:
1. Take folic acid and vitamin A and Vitamin C to hasten the healing process.
2. Eat bread when you have food poisoning. It has a tendency to soak up the poison for quicker relief. A few slices should do it but donot top it with butter or jam, which could make you feel even sicker.
3. Pomegranate juice in small quantities can be also given frequently.
4. Sugar and salt solution is a must for diarrhea patient. Mix one teaspoon of sugar and half a teaspoon of common salt in a cup of water. Small doses of this mixture (around a quarter cup) can be given whenever the patient wants to drink
5. Spices like cumin, coriander, ginger, turmeric and cardamom should be used for cooking.